- The Fingersafe Door Safety System is designed to fully protect the hinge area of the door. Pieces are sold individually if a child only has access to one side of a door ex: office, or closet.
- This product will fit wood, aluminum, metal, stainless steel , and UPVC doors and will allow the door to operate in excess of 180 degrees.
- It can be modified to accommodate doors or gates with a maximum opening of 16″ wider openings up to 8.5 inches (21.5cm).
- Full installation instructions, screws and fixing strips are included with every order.
- High impact resistance and easily cleaned with common household cleaners.
- Constructed of high-quality PVC (UL V-O rated) with TPE hinges.
- Complies with NFPA 252, UL lOB, UL 10C, ASTM E152, CAN4 S-104, UBC 7-2 (1997).
- Fingersafe is approved for use in any four-hour fire-rated door assembly. Fingersafe is UL classified.
- Durability: U.V. and high impact resistance. Easily cleaned.
- Accidents happen, we offer replacement parts for the MK1-A:
- Installation is available upon request for an additional $60 per door.
Complete Door Safety System Set – Finger Pinch Protector Guards for Commercial Door Hinges, Accordion Panel + Fixing Strip
$85.00 – $100.00 Ga. State Tax
FINGERSAFE FINGER PINCH PROTECTOR GUARDS FOR DOOR HINGES
A unique, inconspicuous and easy to install finger pinch protector guard for door hinges designed to prevent fingers being trapped in opening and closing doors. This Complete Door Safety System Set covers both the inside and outside door hinges.
With some 300,000 reported incidents of amputated, mutilated or damaged fingers in doors per year, Fingersafe is designed specifically to prevent fingers from being damaged in the hinged end of doors. Besides the cost in trauma, treatment and disability, the owner or manager of a facility could be held responsible and incur litigation for personal injury. Having identified the need in the market, Fingersafe was developed as the original finger pinch protector guard for door hinges. Since 1996, Fingersafe has closed the door on injuries in the US.
Fingersafe Finger Pinch Protector Guards for Door Hinges Applications
Fingersafe is compatible with all types of standard hinged doors including: fire doors, wood, metal, aluminum, YKK type openings and dutch doors. Resistant to UV light, Fingersafe is designed for interior or exterior use. Specific uses include schools and other educational facilities, childcare and healthcare centers, homes for the elderly and infirm as well as residential use. It is commercially specified for restaurants, fast food outlets, as well as government and military buildings.
ASTM E 152 – Methods of Fire Tests of Door Assemblies. NFPA 25 – Standard For The Inspection, Testing, And Maintenance Of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems. UL 1 OB – Fire Tests of DoorAssemblies. UL 1 OC – Positive Pressure Fire Tests of Door Assemblies. C AN4 S-104 – Standard Method for Fire Tests of Door Assemblies. UBC 7-2 – Fire Tests of Door Assemblies. Complaint for commercial ADA applications.
Fingersafe Finger Pinch Protector Guards for Door Hinges Description
Fingersafe offers no resistance or restriction to the door operation and allows over 180 degrees of operation. It protects the full length of the door on each side of the hinged end of door. The MKlA is a flexible, accordion shaped fitting designed to actually eject fingers from being trapped or crushed in the “push” side of doors. When the door is closed the fitting is compressed, but when the door is opened the fitting extends and provides a protective covering over the hinged end space. The accordion piece lies flat against the frame when the door is closed for aesthetically pleasing design. MKlA units are installed via a fixing strip which allows easy access to the hinge
Materials and Finishes
Made in the USA. PVC (UL V-0 rated) with TPE hinges designed for commercial use. Dimensions Stock lengths are 80 inches, 84 inches, 96 inches Appearance Available in White (default), Black, Brown, Grey and Almond at no extra cost
Unlike an inferior finger shield or wrap around device, Fingersafe allows even a fire door to open to 180 degrees and actually ejects the finger before an injury can occur. Fingersafe is aesthetically pleasing: : the MKlA lies flat against the frame unobtrusively when the door is closed. It also offers draft
exclusion and is a smoke inhibitor.
Fingersafe is compatible with all types of doors except double pivot.
Fingersafe is resistant to most household chemicals such as bleach, alcohol and other multi surface disinfectants and may be cleaned with any readily available cleaning products.
Simple to install in minutes. Retrofitted to existing doors using self tapping screws and installation accessories are included. See our installation page for further details.
Availability and Cost
Fingersafe products are stocked in 80′; 84′; and 96″ with a one week turn around. A two year warranty is offered on fair wear and tear, supply only. Samples may be supplied on request to a potential client for evaluation purposes. We understand that accidents happen, replacement pieces available upon request.
|Dimensions||1 × 1 in|
Brown, Almond, White, Grey, Black
80", 84", 96"