- The MK1-B finger pinch protector guard for door hinges is installed on the hinge-pin or pull-side of the door.
- Also can be referred to as the “outer” or “exterior” door guard.
- As with all Fingersafe products, this hinge guard protects fingers from the full length of the door.
- Can be installed as a sight guard in bathroom and medical facilities.
- Can be installed on interior or exterior doors.
- Can be custom cut to accommodate any door or gate.
- Compliant for commercial applications and has a 4-hour fire door rating.
- Constructed of high-quality PVC (UL V-O rated) with TPE hinges. They have a high impact resistance and are easily cleaned with common household cleaners.
- Complies with NFPA 252, UL lOB, UL 10C, ASTM E152, CAN4 S-104, UBC 7-2 (1997).
- Fingersafe is approved for use in any four-hour fire-rated door assembly. Fingersafe is UL classified.
- Durability: U.V. and high impact resistance. Easily cleaned.
- Installation is available upon request for an additional $60 per door.
MK1-B Fingersafe Finger Guards for Commercial Door Hinges (Pull Side Only)
$37.45 – $42.80 Ga. State Tax
FINGERSAFE FINGER PINCH PROTECTOR GUARDS FOR DOOR HINGES
A unique, inconspicuous and easy to install finger pinch protector guard for door hinges designed to prevent fingers being trapped in opening and closing doors.
With some 300,000 reported incidents of amputated, mutilated or damaged fingers in doors per year, Fingersafe is designed specifically to prevent fingers from being damaged in the hinged end of doors. Besides the cost in trauma, treatment and disability, the owner or manager of a facility could be held responsible and incur litigation for personal injury. Having identified the need in the market, Fingersafe was developed as the original finger pinch protector guard for door hinges. Since 1996, Fingersafe has closed the door on injuries in the US.
Fingersafe Finger Pinch Protector Guards for Door Hinges Applications
Fingersafe is compatible with all types of standard hinged doors including: fire doors, wood, metal, aluminum, YKK type openings and dutch doors. Resistant to UV light, Fingersafe is designed for interior or exterior use. Specific uses include schools and other educational facilities, childcare and healthcare centers, homes for the elderly and infirm as well as residential use. It is commercially specified for restaurants, fast food outlets, as well as government and military buildings.
ASTM E 152 – Methods of Fire Tests of Door Assemblies. NFPA 25 – Standard For The Inspection, Testing, And Maintenance Of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems. UL 1 OB – Fire Tests of DoorAssemblies. UL 1 OC – Positive Pressure Fire Tests of Door Assemblies. C AN4 S-104 – Standard Method for Fire Tests of Door Assemblies. UBC 7-2 – Fire Tests of Door Assemblies. Complaint for commercial ADA applications.
Fingersafe Finger Pinch Protector Guards for Door Hinges Description
Fingersafe offers no resistance or restriction to the door operation and allows over 180 degrees of operation. It protects the full length of the door on each side of the hinged end of door. The MKl-B is a flexible, curved fitting, positioned on the outward side of the door and fixed to the door frame and the outside edge of the door. When the door is closed the fitting forms a closed seal over the hinge. When the door is opened this fitting compresses and provides a stiff protective covering to the hinge and the space between door and frame.
Materials and Finishes
Made in the USA. PVC (UL V-0 rated) with TPE hinges designed for commercial use. Dimensions Stock lengths are 80 inches, 84 inches, 96 inches Appearance Available in White (default), Black, Brown, Grey and Almond at no extra cost
Unlike an inferior finger shield or wrap around device, Fingersafe allows even a fire door to open to 180 degrees and actually ejects the finger before an injury can occur. Fingersafe is aesthetically pleasing: the MK1-B as a sight seal or privacy guard, as well as anti ligature device.
Fingersafe is compatible with all types of doors except double pivot.
Fingersafe is resistant to most household chemicals such as bleach, alcohol and other multi surface disinfectants and may be cleaned with any readily available cleaning products.
Simple to install in minutes. Retrofitted to existing doors using self tapping screws and installation accessories are included. See our installation page for further details.
Availability and Cost
Fingersafe products are stocked in 80′; 84′; and 96″ with a one week turn around. A two year warranty is offered on fair wear and tear, supply only. Samples may be supplied on request to a potential client for evaluation purposes.
|Dimensions||80 × 1 × 1 in|
Brown, Almond, White, Grey, Black
80", 84", 96"